Writer's Creed

I have been receiving several very nice comments about my writing this past week so I'm going to try and stay on top of it. Here's something to help you figure it out.

This is for those who want a hint at my formula for good writing.

1. Write what you know about.
Particularly something you've experienced, studied, or thought a lot about.

2. Experience more things to acquire knowledge.
Never let a judging eye stop you from experiencing something new.

3. Express the gathered stimuli in an original creative fashion.
If its never been done or said before than be the first.


Of course keep in mind two simple objectives while writing in the context of this order.



1. Create products that are successful in that their well thought-out, hopefully original
context.
Put real thought and heart into your projects and don't skip on the details.
Even if the project fails learn why it didn't work.
If it was easy being an artist than everyone would do it.

2. The material needs to relate the idea in a clear manner.
If your ideas don't translate to the audience than you have failed.
Try to imagine how someone would react to seeing the product for the first time.
Test your ideas by discussion and reviews.


I call this the Writers Creed, try experimenting with it.


That's pretty much it. My mind wonders a lot so I think that might help too. If your mind doesn't wonder enough yet than I know of a drug that can help.

I WRITE KNOWING YOU'LL READ,
I THINK IT HELPS KEEP OUR FRIENDSHIP ALIVE.